New Vocabulary and New Grammar
During Anki setup, we told Anki to never introduce new flashcards automatically. Therefore, new vocabulary and grammar flashcards must be introduced manually. This section explains how to do so. Afterwards, the flashcards will no longer be new, so Anki will automatically add them to its review schedule. For workbook exercises, see the next section below.
- Anki → RBH Vocabulary (or RBH Grammar)
Studyby card state or tag → New cards only → Choose Tags
Requireone or more of these tags → <the number of the new lesson> → OK
- <space bar> to show the answer
- Number 1 if you did not know it, or <space bar> if you knew
- We do NOT want Anki to add workbook exercises to our review pile, so the procedure is slightly different.
- Therefore, when doing workbook exercises on a lesson, do a custom study as described above, BUT, after selecting 'Study by card state or tag', select 'All cards in random order (don't reschedule).'
Ongoing Review (Vocabulary or Grammar)
- Every day, review whatever vocabulary and grammar Anki tells you to review.
- Unwanted cards: If you do not want to review a particular card in the future, choose 'Suspend' in the menu that is available when looking at that card.
Reviewing a Specific Lesson (Vocabulary or Grammar or Workbook)
- To review a specific lesson or lessons of the vocabulary, grammar, or workbook, we do not want to change our review schedule, so do it just like a new workbook lesson (described above).